Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What do women want?

I need to admit that reading and analyzing this tale was not an easy task at all. However, after socializing the reading was way easier to understand the words of Chaucer.

What do women want? What a difficult question to answer. Alison definitely wanted to break the mole and she did it in lots of ways.

The image of women we get from the tale is full of bravery. Allison also shows that women want control of everything around them. She personifies a strong-willed woman who doesn’t like to be defeated. Women want to be dominant of their own body, sexual freedom.

I truly enjoyed reading this tale. I think it’s very important to know more about history and process and reading literature is a very fascinating way to do so.

I try to reflect on the overall meaning of this story. I don’t like the way the protagonist uses sex to manipulate men in order to get what she wants. I think this fact instead of contributing to women’s rights it plays a role of bad used strategy.

No comments: