Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My definition of an epic poem


As Beowulf is one of the first epic poems found in old English I can predict that epic poems have to do with showing or telling what happened during a specific time in history. So epic poems are an important part of the base to understand the roots of what we think we are. After reading chapters of Beowulf I could notice that there are a lot of features from the target culture shown in a fictional piece of paper. So by reading an epic poem we can get to know more about the traditions and customs of a certain group of people. The fact that is a poem means to me that is written in a smooth and beautiful way.

1 comment:

Juan O. said...

Totally agree with you, makes me remember Frank Miller's 300 in terms of the story as is told and not how it was.