Friday, April 17, 2009

TRUTH

Chaucer wants to express what he understands for truth. He also wants us to reflect on his lines, a reflection about the life we have been having.
"Be satisfied with what you have, even if it isn´t much" this is the second line of the text and I think this means a lot. We can apply this to the reality we live in. People are never satisfied with what they have; in terms of everything, material stuff, etc. So, for me this is a calling to stick to the true life that Chaucer believes in. A religious aspect of the human life is also well manifested here. Obedience and thankfulness of what is realy important and relevant for us. "Much joy is spent on trivial matters" I absolutely agree with this statement. After reading this poem I thought about what truth really is. I got to the conclusion that nowadays nobody has the truth of anything. There are just individual pieces of truth.

No comments: