Thursday, September 17, 2009

Frankenstein


Frankenstein junior is the creation of a man who is interested in discovering the secrets of heaven and earth, this wasn´t a very encouraging start for this creature. He is brought to life eight feet tall and enormously strong but with the mind of a just born creature. He is sadly left alone and remained to loneliness because his creator is extremely afraid of having creating him.
Frankie has to face real life by surviving as he can, feeling what any human being would feel in such situation. Comparisons are always present in any context and this is not the exception. “ I had admired the perfect forms of my cottagers—their grace, beauty, and delicate complexions: but how was I terrified when I viewed myself in a transparent pool! At first I started back, unable to believe that it was indeed I who was reflected in the mirror; and when I became fully convinced that I was in reality the monster that I am, I was filled with the bitterest sensations of despondence and mortification. Alas! I did not yet entirely know the fatal effects of this miserable deformity”. Knowing the differences you might have with the rest of the “normal” people can help you to improve or inhibit yourself. Not only Frankie wants to integrate himself to society, but also seeks revenge on his creator. This leads him to take justice in his own hands and kill innocent people.
As far as I´m concerned, normality is as subjective as beauty. This means to me that nobody has the right to judge someone by the way she/he looks. On the other hand it´s also important to me to take a look at the internal mirror once and a while and check the way people might be looking at you.

1 comment:

Clau said...

Again this post's deadline was Sept 13th!!!! Second post you upload late!!!

I didn't understand the comparison you made between you and "the creature"...what was the point??


take care,

claudia